[ui!] Australia’s Clients and Partners dominate Smart Cities Council’s 2020 Smart Cities Awards
Sunshine Coast software company [ui!] the urban institute is pleased to congratulate its clients and partners for their successes in the Smart Cities Council’s 2020 Smart Cities Awards. The Awards prove that innovation is running hot in Australia’s local governments, and is a key to the growth and sustainability of large and small councils across Australia and New Zealand. The Awards highlight the diversity of work and interest influenced by the smart cities movement, including policy development, COVID-19 response, flood and earthquake resilience, liveable cities and safer beaches.
As a small company, [ui!] is very pleased that its UrbanInsight software platform has contributed to successful projects by a number of the Award winners and Finalists over the last few years. “We are a little, but fast growing, company that knows IoT systems and big data management,” said CEO, Simon Kaplan. “As well as having world class technology that underpins the complex data requirements of large organisations like councils, we also know what makes up transformative data management strategies. It’s our work with all of our customers, like these Award winning organisations, that has honed our insights into the best big data management options available to our clients”.
[ui!]’s Award winning and Finalist clients and partners are:
• The City of Parramatta Council (Winner, Leadership City Award; Finalist, The Impact Award and Future Place Award);
• Lake Macquarie City Council’s Smart Beaches project (Winner, Future of Place Award; Finalist Data Leadership Award);
• City of Darwin (Winner, Policy Leadership Award);
• Moreton Bay Regional Council (Winner, Data Leadership Award);
• City of Gold Coast (Finalist, Data Leadership Award);
• Telstra (Finalist, Future of Place Award); and
• Meshed IoT (Highly Commended, Impact Award).
“It’s great to be a local company with such a positive national presence,” said Simon. “We see a great future for us, our clients and our partners both here and overseas.”
For more information:
Liz Armstrong, [ui!] Austalia