Career @ [ui!]
Go Your Way
in one of our teams
Darmstadt | Berlin | Home Office
Software Engineer Backend (m/w/d)
We are hiring:
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join our development team.
As a Software engineer at [ui!], you will specialise in developing solutions for businesses and cities around
We are looking for someone who has a great passion for developing smart solutions and has experience with modern cloud technologies.
Writing elegant and efficient code, as well as solving problems independently, are among your strengths.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Proven working experience in Java development (Java 11 or higher).
- Interested in modern technologies (e.g.: Cloud Computing, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Quarkus, Kafka, Node.js).
- Hands-on experience in utilizing J2EE, Quarkus, Spring, or similar frameworks (hands-on experience with web development a plus).
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (e.g. Postgres DB, MSSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB) .
- Experience with unified messaging communication frameworks, (e.g. Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar).
- Experience with specifications such as JSON Schema and JSON-LD.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented analysis and design, using common design paradigms.
- Structured, responsible way of working and attention to detail.
- Experience with writing (unit) tests and according tool support.
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the product, utilizing techniques like pair programming, to ensure the highest quality code, and maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation and support continuous-integration process.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Beneficial skills: PHP, Laravel, React, React Native and/or Flutter.
Who is [ui!]:
The focus of our activities is on data and AI-based solutions that are offered „as a service“ on the basis of our open urban data platform [ui!] UrbanPulse, for cities, communities, local companies and utilities.
Areas of application include traffic, parking, environment, climate protection, street lighting, energy and neighbourhood management.
What you can expect @ [ui!]:
- Scrum-based software development in a young, interdisciplinary team.
- Collaboration in varied and challenging projects at home and abroad within the entire [ui!] group of companies.
- Flexible working hours, breaks and the possibility to work from home.
- Support from experienced colleagues.
- Implementation of own ideas and perspective project responsibility possible.
- Employee-funded pension scheme.
We are looking forward to you!
Your contact @ [ui!]: Daniel Münch.
Du möchtest Städte und Regionen unterstützen smarter zu werden?
Send us your digital application documents, stating your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date to
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!